17 replies to this topic

#1 JGK

JGK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCorsicana

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I noticed a few people mention parking on others threads and thought I would share this for those who might have missed the notice.

Not sure if you have seen this, that the Stars have in a few of their emails lately:

"Please be advised that the F-Lot (Blue parking directly north of American Airlines Center) will soon be unavailable for game-night parking due to residential development on the property slated to begin November 1.

F-Lot is not owned or controlled by the Stars or American Airlines Center. A third party has purchased the land and is set to begin construction on a new residential development. You will have access to this lot until they break ground, but we felt it was important to notify you in advance.

Beginning November 1, we will convert E-Lot (Blue parking lot along Victory Avenue, northwest of AAC) to a parking pass only lot and no longer accept cash parking to ensure you will continue to have the best Blue parking access each game. B-Lot and M-Lot will also be made available for blue pass parking, which are located along either side of Victory Avenue between Museum Way and High Market St."

Parking is going to start being tighter and I expect the price will go up next year.

#2 2-For-1

2-For-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIrving

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

They had talked about this happening last Fall, but I guess there were delays in breaking ground.

With the Dart Orange Line now coming to my part of Irving, that will be the way I go the AAC for now, ocassional train stopages/delays accepted.

Isn't it just like Dallas to have an arena, but not enough parking, except for Pass parking.....

Even Reunion's parking was a cluster-F***.

It would a pisser if there wasn't rail service to the AAC!

------------Winning is Everything------------

#3 TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan

Devil's Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,936 posts
  • LocationCarrollton

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Reunion parking was AWESOME!  I paid $8 a game for garage parking with my season tickets, and I didn't even have to cross a street.  In and out was a breeze compared to AAC at a fraction of the cost.

#4 auroraasters

auroraasters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Makes me very thankful for the TRE/DART. I drove up to a game one time only because it was Sunday. Maybe it's because I came early or what but it seemed like all I could find were Pass Parking lots. I remember driving to a game 2 years back and they took cash so I guess that's something that has changed since then. I ended up parking in a privately owned lot. 

#5 joebravo

joebravo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Makes me very thankful for the TRE/DART. I drove up to a game one time only because it was Sunday. Maybe it's because I came early or what but it seemed like all I could find were Pass Parking lots. I remember driving to a game 2 years back and they took cash so I guess that's something that has changed since then. I ended up parking in a privately owned lot. 

The last time I drove you could still give cash and get into the pass parking lots. I wouldn't park at the arena though. Just park over by Hooters / ****'s / HOB in the $5 parking lot under Woodall Rogers.

Relax - We understand j00.

#6 SourTemplePilot

SourTemplePilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

The last time I drove you could still give cash and get into the pass parking lots. I wouldn't park at the arena though. Just park over by Hooters / ****'s / HOB in the $5 parking lot under Woodall Rogers.

This.

#7 ChangingFate

ChangingFate

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

How full do you think that parking under the Freeway is going to get with yet another parking lot closing?

#8 joebravo

joebravo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

How full do you think that parking under the Freeway is going to get with yet another parking lot closing?

I don't think there's much to worry about. Nobody parks there unless they know to park there. Most of the people will still park along Houston or next to HOB in the $10-15 lots. Plus, there is a ton of parking around there. It's all for office workers and such.

#9 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

You could always valet park your car at some place like Cirque, or a friend of mine that has a Lamborghini sometimes tries to get a gold parking pass.

Me, I just take the train.  Even if I didn't live near a station I would drive to the nearest park n ride station and take the train in from there.  Costs half of what parking at the AAC does. 

x78qXv2.gif

#10 ChangingFate

ChangingFate

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

I don't think there's much to worry about. Nobody parks there unless they know to park there. Most of the people will still park along Houston or next to HOB in the $10-15 lots. Plus, there is a ton of parking around there. It's all for office workers and such.

Everything rolls downhill. If the Stars are good and start packing it in, will there still be enough parking or will some people have to resort to the cheaper parking further away?

#11 joebravo

joebravo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Everything rolls downhill. If the Stars are good and start packing it in, will there still be enough parking or will some people have to resort to the cheaper parking further away?

I've been to sold out games where there was parking available in those lots. Do you even know the lots I'm referring to? It doesn't get much cheaper than $5 parking.

#12 ChangingFate

ChangingFate

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

They are $5 now. I have parked there before. But if people start getting squeezed out why not raise the price? You see where I am going?

#13 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

I've been to sold out games where there was parking available in those lots. Do you even know the lots I'm referring to? It doesn't get much cheaper than $5 parking.

I always park down near Woodall, though usually in the lot just South across the street.  $5, there's a police station right there so the chances of somebody stealing your stuff is less, and the exercise is nice.  They are never full at night, or even during the day...I'll park over there if I'm going to DMA or the Aquarium or whatever and those lots have tons of spots.  There's tons of parking in downtown Dallas if you are willing to walk a bit...one of the few good things about the city

I grew up in the Cold War, when Russian nukes were the scariest things in the world....and now we have our own Russian NUKE!

#14 2-For-1

2-For-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIrving

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yes, the garage was nice. I parked there for Non-Stars events a few times, when I got there early enough.

Reunion parking was AWESOME!  I paid $8 a game for garage parking with my season tickets, and I didn't even have to cross a street.  In and out was a breeze compared to AAC at a fraction of the cost.

The very frist time I drove op Reunion, I thought I was parking near the arena....but we ended walking up and down stairs that crossed over the RR tracks.

I live closer to the Dart Rail stop, but before that, taking the TRE was the best -- cushion seats and all. :>

------------Winning is Everything------------

#15 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yeah my daughter saw the TRE fly by on the way to the last game, and since it has an upper deck and looks much cooler than the DART rail she wants to take the TRE next time.  We would have to drive out of our way to park and catch the TRE but it might be worth it just so she can say she rode the TRE. 

x78qXv2.gif

#16 Canadian_Idiot

Canadian_Idiot

Tommy Tabarnac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Yeah my daughter saw the TRE fly by on the way to the last game, and since it has an upper deck and looks much cooler than the DART rail she wants to take the TRE next time.  We would have to drive out of our way to park and catch the TRE but it might be worth it just so she can say she rode the TRE. 

She's really not missing much.

When I park for games, I usually wind up shelling out for the gravel lot behind House of Blues, but I was downtown a few weeks ago and discovered the parking under Woodall Rodgers.
Let's just say I'll be walking just a bit further if I can park for half the price I usually do.

1z5tc8w.jpg
sig by: The Leprechaun

#17 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Well yeah, I know that, but she's 6 and she thinks it's cool.  :lol:

x78qXv2.gif

#18 jamesrc

jamesrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

She's really not missing much.

When I park for games, I usually wind up shelling out for the gravel lot behind House of Blues, but I was downtown a few weeks ago and discovered the parking under Woodall Rodgers.
Let's just say I'll be walking just a bit further if I can park for half the price I usually do.

I almost always parking under Woodall Rodgers and thankfully usually get there plenty early, so hopefully I won't have problems finding a space once those AAC lots close.

Nichushkinbanner2_zps868f1ccd.jpg
Signature by the magnificent BamD_Leprechaun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+