SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

OGDT: Return of the Kari (aka Oilers @ Stars 2/28/13)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

I know what you are thinking......is it Stars Wars or Lord of the Rings......well....IT'S BOTH!  Actually (since I'm kind of a negative guy) today's topic is which director screwed his franchise up more.  I vote Lucas because if you've ever listened to the DVD commentaries (yes, I am that big a nerd) you realise that, even though he wrote it, George Lucas has no idea what actually happens!!!  Seriously, I'm like, "okyday George, I see what you were trying to convey, but that's not what's happening on the screen".  And then there's all the revisions, which George claims aren't revisions because Greedo always shot first (are you F'n kidding me!!!!)    Let's hope there's less "revisionist history" needed for this game.

OILERS (7-7-4) at STARS (10-8-2)

TV: SNET-W, FS-SW

Last 10: Edmonton 3-4-3; Dallas 6-3-1

Season series: This is the third and final meeting between the teams in the regular season. The Stars have taken the first two meetings, including a 4-1 victory on Feb. 13 when Eric Nystrom, Brenden Dillon, Jaromir Jagr and Ryan Garbutt connected for goals and Kari Lehtonen made 35 saves. The Stars are 11-1-0 in their last 12 meetings with the Oilers.

Big story: Prior to Tuesday's overtime victory against the Columbus Blue Jackets, Stars general manager Joe Nieuwendyk acquired forward Erik Cole from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forward Michael Ryder and a 2013 third-round draft pick. Cole, who has two years remaining on his contract that runs through the 2014-15 season, has three goals and six points in 19 games this season. Cole has a history with Stars left wing Ray Whitney, as the two spent five seasons together in Carolina.

Team Scope:

Oilers: Left wing Taylor Hall will return to the lineup after serving his two-game suspension for a knee-on-knee hit against Cal Clutterbuck of the Minnesota Wild on Feb. 21. The Oilers are playing their second game of a nine-game road trip that began Monday with an overtime loss in Chicago. Jeff Petry and Nail Yakupov scored for Edmonton in the 3-2 loss to the Blackhawks. Nikolai Khabibulin made 31 saves in the loss, which coach Ralph Krueger considered a solid effort by his group.

"Big picture, it's an excellent point against the strongest team in the NHL right now," Krueger said. "Of course you feel pain, having the lead going into the third period. It's definitely something you dream and believe you can close it, but they really are an amazingly powerful team. They're very, very strong on the puck. They never let up at all."

Stars: Loui Eriksson scored 3:03 into overtime to give the Stars a 5-4 victory over the Blue Jackets on Tuesday at Nationwide Arena. Derek Roy, Antoine Roussel and Cody Eakin each had a goal and one assist and goalie Richard Bachman stopped 16 of 20 shots to earn his second victory in three games. Dallas was playing its first game without Ryder, its leading scorer who was earlier traded to the Canadiens for Cole. Cole was scheduled to arrive in Dallas on Wednesday to undergo a physical before joining the team.

Who's hot: Rookie Roussel has three goals and five points in the past five games for the Stars. … Edmonton rookie Yakupov, the first pick of the 2012 NHL Draft, has six goals and 11 points in 18 games this season.

Injury report: Lehtonen (groin) is probable, defensemen Philip Larsen (upper body) and Aaron Rome (foot) are questionable and Whitney (foot) is doubtful for the Stars. … The Oilers are without defensemen Theo Peckham (hip) and Andy Sutton (knee) and forwards Teemu Hartikainen (shoulder) and Anton Lander (foot).

Speaking of movies, did you see at the Oscars when the Honorary Lifetime Achievement Oscar was being given to Dustin Brown...his tearful acceptance speech was so moving....forget Hollywood, he's the best actor in LA.

LotR has its issues (did you just forget about the sword?) but the movies got rid of most of the stuff in the book I didn't like soooo.....wait......The Hobbit is 3 movies????????  Holy cashing-in-on-someone-else's-legacy Batman!

And as for the Prequels...I think that since I didn't grow up idolizing Star Wars, I'm more willing to admit that the originals are no less crap than the prequels are (glorious crap, but still).  Plus, the prequels give so much more depth to the originals.  For instance, in the originals everybody is always saying how Luke is so like his father, and in New Hope, he IS a whinyass crybaby just like his dad!  No wonder Obi and Yoda are so worried when Luke takes off at the end of Empire....but see, that's where they were wrong....it turns out that Luke is really more like his momma, who was a total badass, would never sit by while those she cared about were in danger, and would never give in to evil because "she wuz hawin bad dweams".....and besides, Natalie Portman has never been hotter than she looked in Attack of the Clones  ;)

I grew up in the Cold War, when Russian nukes were the scariest things in the world....and now we have our own Russian NUKE!

#2 mofan25

mofan25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,093 posts
  • LocationSan Diego. Ca

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

let's go Stars!!! I will actually be home tonight again finally looking forward to seeing the boys play, only my 3rd game of the year to see live!

#3 Verbeek2Hall

Verbeek2Hall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Prediction-

Stars goals by Hogue,  Blake Sloan, and Kamensky.

Oiler goals by Marchant, Weight.

Reunion will be loud.

Posted Image

#4 mofan25

mofan25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,093 posts
  • LocationSan Diego. Ca

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

lol...too funny Verbeek, sad part is we have several guys who were playing in their hay-day's when all of those guys were in the league

#5 bfds

bfds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

What's with the Roger Ebert shiit going on here? Did you call Star Wars crap?

I see abig game from Fistric...better keep your heads up in this one.

God the Oil have some fun players.

#6 piedsniper

piedsniper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

If it weren't for stars pummeling the earth, we would have no oil.

This is why we own the Oilers.

Go Stars!

#7 zenchic

zenchic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts
  • LocationPlano, Tx

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Go Stars, go!

#8 SourTemplePilot

SourTemplePilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Leht's GO STARS!!!  

#9 BamD_Leprechaun

BamD_Leprechaun

The awesome formerly known as Trunkins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,274 posts
  • LocationShitcago Illynoise

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Ill be there, burn the oil

PLAYOFFS14_zps4126c650.jpg

#10 Debbie2

Debbie2

InSaNeInThEmEmBrAnE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Locationdallas, tx

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I would love to go to the game but feel like ****.  I need to rethink my occupation.  This getting-sick-all-the-freakin-time is not working for me.

If my only choice is between Jackson and Lucas, of course it'll be Lucas (I, II, and III).  Then again, I never actually read LOTR.  The new Hobbit should only be one movie, though.

Oh yeah... hockey.

GO STARS

Give us two more points!

Go Fistric!  Wave at the fans. Some of us miss you!  :)

www.debbieshockeyphotos.smugmug.com
There will never be another #2... until the next #2.

#11 BigCat-EM

BigCat-EM

Resident Armchair GM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in D/FW Last I heard

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

First game back, so a little worried about the rust and him not being in game mode, but even at this point he's better than Nilstorp/strop(whatever) and Bachman.  Hopefully we get a little streak going now while we're still in play for a lower seed.

Formerly known as "CrossCheck" on the old boards.

Armchair GMs come a dime a dozen. Do us all a favor and go back to pumping my gas.

#12 twoforrough

twoforrough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

First game back, so a little worried about the rust and him not being in game mode, but even at this point he's better than Nilstorp/strop(whatever) and Bachman.  Hopefully we get a little streak going now while we're still in play for a lower seed.

Couldn't agree more, i think i put the cart ahead of the horse a bit on Bachman, hate to be that guy but i'm still really confused by the Ryder trade, and i understand the contract part of it...still.....don't get it

#13 twoforrough

twoforrough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

damn there is a ton of talent to look forward to seeing on stars roster though

#14 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I would love to go to the game but feel like ****.  I need to rethink my occupation.  This getting-sick-all-the-freakin-time is not working for me.

If my only choice is between Jackson and Lucas, of course it'll be Lucas (I, II, and III).  Then again, I never actually read LOTR.  The new Hobbit should only be one movie, though.

Oh yeah... hockey.

GO STARS

Give us two more points!

Go Fistric!  Wave at the fans. Some of us miss you!  :)

yeah, the real "winner" would be Chris Columbus for the absolute hatchet job he did with Harry Potter...the books are character driven stories with tons of subtlety not SPECIAL EFFECTS IN YO FACE!!!!

I actually considered going tonight too....was gonna spend the day at the Chagall exhibit at the DMA then walk over for the game....then I remembered that I'M BROKE!!! so, TVLand it is

I grew up in the Cold War, when Russian nukes were the scariest things in the world....and now we have our own Russian NUKE!

#15 skatinaway

skatinaway

Texian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationPort Aransas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Stars 4 

Oil -  2

Ed -  8

#16 robidasmvp

robidasmvp

2014 Stars make playoffs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I see abig game from Fistric...better keep your heads up in this one.

I agree he will have a monster game.

#17 JennyZ

JennyZ

Destroyer of Spam

• Moderators
  • 11,688 posts
  • LocationGarland

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hey, the boards don't suck, maybe I can actually participate now...

Fiddlerbanner2_zps01679c49.jpg

#18 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,556 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

ah man, now I wish I'd gone anyway...Stars honoring Jere tonight

now there's 2 reasons to say........Leht's Party!!!

#19 vercetti2021

vercetti2021

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Go Stars! I think Cole will score.

Posted Image

#20 mofan25

mofan25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,093 posts
  • LocationSan Diego. Ca

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm glad Kari is back and I'm glad I'm back oh and I'm with vercetti I hope Cole scores!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+