19 replies to this topic

#1 frost7

frost7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

7:30 Fox Sports Southwest channel 1756 on uverse HD.
Thought I would give a heads up to my Stars peeps. Texas is hot right now and on a six game point streak and 6 points out of first place. Got to get your hockey fix somehow in these times.

#2 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Cool, that sure beats Neulion's streaming feed.

So now for all of you that judge the Stars prospects without ever watching them play, well here is your chance.

x78qXv2.gif

#3 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,515 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the burbs

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

GDT??

EdTheEagle20Banner2nd_zps353545dc.jpg
^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

37 never forgotten

#4 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

GDT??

I nominate this as OGDT.....second?

I grew up in the Cold War, when Russian nukes were the scariest things in the world....and now we have our own Russian NUKE!

#5 Idontkno23

Idontkno23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

If anyone is interested, there is also a charity game going on with past stars players Steve ott and James Neal

http://new.livestrea.../events/1747699

Team Stamkos

Michael Del Zotto, Mike Komisarek, Niklas Kronwall, Dion Phaneuf, Kyle Quincey, Dan Cleary, Tim Connolly, B.J. Crombeen, Steve Downie, Chris Kelly, Clarke MacArthur, Matt Martin, James Neal, Teddy Purcell, Stamkos, David Steckel, Kris Versteeg, Wojtek Wolski, Jonas Gustavsson, Michael Leighton.

Team Subban

Chris Campoli, Carlo Colaiacovo, Tomas Kaberle, John-Michael Liles, Subban, Brad Boyes, David Clarkson, Logan Couture, Phil Kessel, Tom Kostopoulos, Matthew Lombardi, Joffrey Lupul, Jay McClement, John MItchell, Steve Ott, Peter Regin, Chris Stewart, Dan Winnik, Martin Biron.

#6 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Wtf, I don't see it on my Verizon channels

^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

37 never forgotten

#7 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wtf, I don't see it on my Verizon channels

it's on sports alternative on Dish...channel 447 for me

San Antonio broadcasters though

I grew up in the Cold War, when Russian nukes were the scariest things in the world....and now we have our own Russian NUKE!

#8 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

wow, Jon Sim is playing for San An

#9 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Bleh, Verizon ain't got it :(

^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

37 never forgotten

#10 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Reilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

What is this??? a PP that actually shoots?? this isn't Stars hockey

of course, they didn't score, so that was familiar

#12 frost7

frost7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yea I had to laugh when I saw Jon Sim out there. San Antonio captained by former Washington Crapitol Nolan Yonkman, another random name from the NHL past.
Man these announcers suck!
Sweet backhander by Riley Smith. Brendon Dillon looking good. That's our 7th d-man right there.

#13 ModanoTheBest

ModanoTheBest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

I am officially in love with Jamie Oleksiak.
Posted Image

#14 jjpuckhead

jjpuckhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I am officially in love with Jamie Oleksiak.

that fight was sweet :lol:

Nilsthorp looked good, though in fairness the Ants didn't really challenge him much till late...still he earned the donut

eakin looked good, esp on PK. Seemed like Jordie was everywhere, and people who like their faces should probably not challenge Olekisak to a fight

#15 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I feel sorry for the guy really...I don't think he really wanted to take on Oleksiak but doesn't want to look like he won't stand up for his teammate. It's good to see Oleksiak getting a response like that after hitting someone though, finally starting to hit like a player of his size should.

x78qXv2.gif

#16 jamesrc

jamesrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

I'd have DVRed the game if I'd have realised. But no worries, I was there to see it in person.

Full two minute five on three penalty kill was impressive.

Oleksiak's first pro fight... and wow, it was impressive.

Reilly Smith has been on a roll, lately.

Nichushkinbanner2_zps868f1ccd.jpg
Signature by the magnificent BamD_Leprechaun!

#17 texasahlstarsfan

texasahlstarsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

The fight is on youtube, not sure how to embed it so someone might want to do it. It's hard to believe that's his first fight given, well, he does it so well. Someone said the Rampage player bite him in the process. Feeling good to be a Texas Star fan now. Curious if the NHL season started soon would Dallas figure a way to get Nilstrop there, Bachman is on a one way, big mistake, Nilstrop is a couple notches better from what I've seen.

#18 FirstRowUpperDeck

FirstRowUpperDeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Great to watch hockey, good to see the future Stars. JO is a beast and looked most NHL ready to me. While the team looked good, SA is not a good team, and I didn't see any flash from Eakin, Dillon, etc. touted as our next call ups. All looked like they might be mid grade NHL players.

Honestly, it seemed as if the AHL hockey was a half step slower than the best of the NHL teams. OF course, if I had seen an NHL game recently, I could make a better judgement on all that.....

#19 jamesrc

jamesrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Great to watch hockey, good to see the future Stars. JO is a beast and looked most NHL ready to me. While the team looked good, SA is not a good team, and I didn't see any flash from Eakin, Dillon, etc. touted as our next call ups. All looked like they might be mid grade NHL players.

Honestly, it seemed as if the AHL hockey was a half step slower than the best of the NHL teams. OF course, if I had seen an NHL game recently, I could make a better judgement on all that.....

It certainly wasn't Texas' most complete performance of the season; they've impressed far more in some of the Abbotsford games, and against Charlotte, too.

But I guess you play to the level of the opponent, right?

Nichushkinbanner2_zps868f1ccd.jpg
Signature by the magnificent BamD_Leprechaun!

#20 texasahlstarsfan

texasahlstarsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Eakin will be in Dallas as soon as the lookout is over without a doubt. The thing that I see in Eakin that I like the most is the "off the ice" stuff. In warmups he seams to be more relaxed than most. Smiles and gets along with everyone, appears to be a player that glues a team together. That is surprising being he is new to the Stars my the teams standards and a guy that has possible the most reason of anyone on this team to feel slighted by the system. Everyone got to see Oleksiak at his best. I'm not sure if any of the defensemen are NHL ready but every week they look better and better.

AHL hockey isn't half a step slower, heck they have completed 26 games before a single NHL team has finished one. I would say the AHL is a faster game :D :) :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+