SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Just Drop It (NHL Lockout)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Enough is enough.....

All those years of growing up playing hockey, freezing my timbits off playing on the frozen marsh, walking to rink at 6 am in the morning because I loved the game and wanted to be like my idols, Yzerman, Gretzky, Neely, Clark etc.... And I have to put up with this ******** and greed. Hockey is no longer Hockey..... the heart of the game has been ripped away. Does anybody play for the love the game anymore or is it all about the money?

I'm sick of it, I'm in... I'm pissed.

"For every game they cancel after December 21st, we will boycott an equal number of games. They cancel 10, we boycott 10. No tickets, no TV, no merchandise"

#2 winnipeg_fan

winnipeg_fan

Loser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I hope there is a lockout. At this point, thinking it is going to start is just a pipe dream and if you are still waiting you are going to be left disappointed.

Bring on Nate MacKinnon -- Dallas Stars, First Overall Pick 2013 Draft

#3 biggestfanever

biggestfanever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Enough is enough.....

All those years of growing up playing hockey, freezing my timbits off playing on the frozen marsh, walking to rink at 6 am in the morning because I loved the game and wanted to be like my idols, Yzerman, Gretzky, Neely, Clark etc.... And I have to put up with this ******** and greed. Hockey is no longer Hockey..... the heart of the game has been ripped away. Does anybody play for the love the game anymore or is it all about the money?

I'm sick of it, I'm in... I'm pissed.

"For every game they cancel after December 21st, we will boycott an equal number of games. They cancel 10, we boycott 10. No tickets, no TV, no merchandise"

I hear ya man. I grew up the same way, idolizing the same generation of players. The league has changed that much and it's a shame. Making a good living was secondary to playing back then. It was a nice bonus. Now, being rich and getting every single penny you can out of it is the primary focus. Players have changed, they've been spoiled. Not the same anymore.

As far as the boycott, my only issue is that I think it pressures the owners side more than the players. And that's not what I want. Not to mention, everyone who makes the arena go on game days will suffer too. From the beer guy/gals and so forth. The players will get paid regardless and I don't see them really caring too much about this type of threat. They likely believe we're bluffing anyways. The best we could hope for is that enough people do take part that it is felt by both sides in some way - and so it sets a precedence for the next time.

#4 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I hear ya man. I grew up the same way, idolizing the same generation of players. The league has changed that much and it's a shame. Making a good living was secondary to playing back then. It was a nice bonus. Now, being rich and getting every single penny you can out of it is the primary focus. Players have changed, they've been spoiled. Not the same anymore.

As far as the boycott, my only issue is that I think it pressures the owners side more than the players. And that's not what I want. Not to mention, everyone who makes the arena go on game days will suffer too. From the beer guy/gals and so forth. The players will get paid regardless and I don't see them really caring too much about this type of threat. They likely believe we're bluffing anyways. The best we could hope for is that enough people do take part that it is felt by both sides in some way - and so it sets a precedence for the next time.

I really feel for the support staff as well.... these people are the ones that suffer the most and are never considered. However, boycotting shouldn't cost them much, the owners will still need to have staff working in anticipation of the normal crowd showing up. If anything this kind of thing should help them out, like you said maybe next time they will consider the consequences instead of cancelling the season as a method of negotiation. It's nice getting a perspective of fans from other teams, cheers!!

#5 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Does anybody play for the love the game anymore or is it all about the money?

Yes, it is called Youth Tier I and Tier II hockey in the U.S.

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+