#3 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

I would only buy that book in order to burn it

That says more about you than it does JR. I loved it when Hatch blew him up late in the 98/99 season and would tell JR so. But I would also tell him that his book was one of the best hockey reads of the past 20+ years and that I appreciate that he is a stand-up guy who is frank and willing to say what he believes, which is something the league needs more of these days.

To this day, I can watch Hatch's hit and still appreciate what he did to JR and the reason why. At the same time, I can appreciate JR's grit through it all and through a career that saw more of the same as a result of a puck to the face. JR is undeniably a character and one tough Mo Fo.

If you can’t appreciate, admire and even like JR even just a little bit for that, then you really aren’t a fan of the game. But hey, more power to you.

#4 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the burbs

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hurr, I'm not a fan of the game because I don't like an annoying dooshbag player, ok dude

EdTheEagle20Banner2nd_zps353545dc.jpg
^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

Karlis 37 Skrastins never forgotten

#5 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Apparently you like Ed Belfour, a player widely known as a hoser and Ahole. And a friend of JR's, btw.

#6 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Apparently you like Ed Belfour, a player widely known as a hoser and Ahole. And a friend of JR's, btw.

I'm not reading a damn book written by a player I don't respect, sorry

^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

#7 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Perhaps if you read it, you might find you do respect him. Does the respecting thing determine monikers for you as well? Just curious.

#8 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Ed Belfour is my all time favorite player. JR is a *****

^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

#9 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Belfour has been known to be a **** to fans and even kid fans sometimes, which I have personally witnessed. JR is old school in that respect having learned how to treat fans from the likes of Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull.

Yeah, JR is an ....... and Belfour is a saint. ROTFLMAOS

But hey, Eddie was one of the top goalies to play the game and the Stars wouldn't have won the SC without him much less gone to two straight SCFs. That I give him.

#10 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Ok, friend. Listen to my words.

I like Ed Belfour

I don't like JR

Im not defending some of the dumb **** Belfour did. But, I like him. I don't like JR. Therefore, I will not read his book.

^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

#11 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I like how people limit themselves based solely on idiotic biases. I makes for interesting study in human behavior.

#12 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Like how you've fooled yourself into believing Bettman is solely responsible for the lock-out?

^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

#13 BladeReturns

BladeReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Not the lone factor but definitely the major factor, the common denominator. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

When your MO and first inclination is lockout and your first offer of negotiation is viewed as ridiculous by the vast majority [and likely viewed as not serious and even insincere by those you represent], it is a bit of a stretch to believe that anyone other than the blind, dumb and the asleep view believe that the person was anything less than the major factor in the impasse.

Apparently, Bettman follows a negotiation checklist he found in some long discarded Negotiaton 101 text book because its principles are outdated and counter productive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+