SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Stars Web People Locked Out Too?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan

Devil's Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

It's getting trashed in this place. I guess if you don't care about the game, why care about the site?

#2 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

It would help if they made the mods the people who come on here every day, instead of the mysterious TNstar and JennyZ who has kids to take care of

EdTheEagle20Banner2nd_zps353545dc.jpg
^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

37 never forgotten

#3 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

SA is likely going to be MIA until the NHL and NHLPA SOTDL.

x78qXv2.gif

#4 Canadian_Idiot

Canadian_Idiot

Tommy Tabarnac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

"SA's" position has been vacant for a few months.

Scroll down to the bottom of the main page and under "Job Opportunities", the position is listed.

1z5tc8w.jpg
sig by: The Leprechaun

#5 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

TSF for SA!

EdTheEagle20Banner2nd_zps353545dc.jpg
^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

37 never forgotten

#6 robidasmvp

robidasmvp

2014 Stars make playoffs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

SA is likely going to be MIA until the NHL and NHLPA SOTDL.

So a few years?

#7 bfds

bfds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,466 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

lol

#8 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

"SA's" position has been vacant for a few months.

Scroll down to the bottom of the main page and under "Job Opportunities", the position is listed.

I wonder how much they pay? It would have to be a lot to deal with lockouts every few years.

x78qXv2.gif

#9 JennyZ

JennyZ

Destroyer of Spam

• Moderators
  • 11,688 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ok, let me say this.

1) you have no idea how much spam we've deleted in the last week. Holy crap.

2) as was said earlier, SA is no longer employed by the Stars, and frankly, I'm not even sure if they realize there's still a board here, and I'm not gonna try to get in touch with anyone, because they may decide to just scrap it instead of paying someone to be an admin or whatever.

3) I'm NOT going to police the politics thread, and it has nothing to do with me having kids. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't do it either. Why? Because you're all adults, and because I have no authority or ability to do so anyway. I can't ban anyone, I can't do anything. So if you think you're constantly getting attacked, you have two choices. Ignore it and move on, or stop participating in that thread.

Frankly, it boggles my mind how y'all could constantly complain about something, BUT CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE ANYWAY. Find somewhere else to discuss politics if you can't handle it. Otherwise, don't expect me to moderate it, because I CAN'T. Blame the Stars, blame the former SA, whatever, but there's not a damn thing I can do about it besides go back and delete things, and there's no point in doing that because by the time I get to it, the conversation is already 10 pages longer.

Seriously, I Do. Not. Understand. If I get a rock thrown at my head every time I pass a certain house on my way to school, and no one will do anything about it, ya know what? I AVOID THAT HOUSE. I don't continue to walk past it then complain to the crossing guard everyday when I get a headache from thrown rocks.

God.

Fiddlerbanner2_zps01679c49.jpg

#10 77smilesandhits

77smilesandhits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Thanks a lot Bin Laden!

#11 Hullapalooza

Hullapalooza

Ambassador of Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I have up voted your epic rant.

It needed to be said.

x78qXv2.gif

#12 TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan

Devil's Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,936 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

The worst offender has left the building anyway.

#13 Marty4Vezina

Marty4Vezina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,653 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Ok, let me say this.

2) as was said earlier, SA is no longer employed by the Stars, and frankly, I'm not even sure if they realize there's still a board here, and I'm not gonna try to get in touch with anyone, because they may decide to just scrap it instead of paying someone to be an admin or whatever.

3) I'm NOT going to police the politics thread, and it has nothing to do with me having kids. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't do it either. Why? Because you're all adults, and because I have no authority or ability to do so anyway. I can't ban anyone, I can't do anything. So if you think you're constantly getting attacked, you have two choices. Ignore it and move on, or stop participating in that thread.

Frankly, it boggles my mind how y'all could constantly complain about something, BUT CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE ANYWAY. Find somewhere else to discuss politics if you can't handle it. Otherwise, don't expect me to moderate it, because I CAN'T. Blame the Stars, blame the former SA, whatever, but there's not a damn thing I can do about it besides go back and delete things, and there's no point in doing that because by the time I get to it, the conversation is already 10 pages longer.

Seriously, I Do. Not. Understand. If I get a rock thrown at my head every time I pass a certain house on my way to school, and no one will do anything about it, ya know what? I AVOID THAT HOUSE. I don't continue to walk past it then complain to the crossing guard everyday when I get a headache from thrown rocks.

God.

Heh, I want to know who's constantly complaining and asking you to police it. I know for a fact that it's not anyone on the right.

#14 bfds

bfds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,466 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Heh, I want to know who's constantly complaining and asking you to police it. I know for a fact that it's not anyone on the right.

I have never once went to the mods in the history of this site to ask for help.

But I do believe JennyZ's last comment was directed at Israel.lmao

#15 Marty4Vezina

Marty4Vezina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,653 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have never once went to the mods in the history of this site to ask for help.

But I do believe JennyZ's last comment was directed at Israel.lmao

I think it's obvious who is complaining.

#16 JennyZ

JennyZ

Destroyer of Spam

• Moderators
  • 11,688 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Ok, let me say this.

God.

Quoting for emphasis. I'll post it in the Politics thread if I need to, till you get the point.

Fiddlerbanner2_zps01679c49.jpg

#17 skatinaway

skatinaway

Texian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

The brightest poster has left the building anyway.

Fixed for ya cupcake B) !!

Ok, let me say this. 1) you have no idea how much spam we've deleted in the last week. Holy crap.2) as was said earlier, SA is no longer employed by the Stars, and frankly, I'm not even sure if they realize there's still a board here, and I'm not gonna try to get in touch with anyone, because they may decide to just scrap it instead of paying someone to be an admin or whatever. 3) I'm NOT going to police the politics thread, and it has nothing to do with me having kids. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't do it either. Why? Because you're all adults, and because I have no authority or ability to do so anyway. I can't ban anyone, I can't do anything. So if you think you're constantly getting attacked, you have two choices. Ignore it and move on, or stop participating in that thread. Frankly, it boggles my mind how y'all could constantly complain about something, BUT CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE ANYWAY. Find somewhere else to discuss politics if you can't handle it. Otherwise, don't expect me to moderate it, because I CAN'T. Blame the Stars, blame the former SA, whatever, but there's not a damn thing I can do about it besides go back and delete things, and there's no point in doing that because by the time I get to it, the conversation is already 10 pages longer. Seriously, I Do. Not. Understand. If I get a rock thrown at my head every time I pass a certain house on my way to school, and no one will do anything about it, ya know what? I AVOID THAT HOUSE. I don't continue to walk past it then complain to the crossing guard everyday when I get a headache from thrown rocks. God.

Thanks for all you do cleaning up the spam ... it makes the board readable at the very least ....

Quoting for emphasis. I'll post it in the Politics thread if I need to, till you get the point.

Grow a pair bro, I always wondered if you really did tattle .... now I know, loss of respect there man ... sad and silly ... :(

#18 Marty4Vezina

Marty4Vezina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,653 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Fixed for ya cupcake B) !!

Thanks for all you do cleaning up the spam ... it makes the board readable at the very least ....

Grow a pair bro, I always wondered if you really did tattle .... now I know, loss of respect there man ... sad and silly ... :(

Another one finally sees the light.

#19 skatinaway

skatinaway

Texian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I didn't just see the light ...

I'm an optimist my brother, I've always tried to see the good in people ... it's made me so much money in this life (another topic altogether) - and I still see good in TSF - I've been trying to pull it (the feminine Quixote BS) out of him for sometime ... not to better myself or get the one up thought wise ...but only for his benefit ... dig ? Yes, he has been a bit of weenie, but he is is intelligent and I appreciate his input... always will. do you think this wimp-ass board would be better without him??? Hell no it wouldn't..!! It's already hit a 10 on the suck-ass meter without Dubs ... think about it ....

#20 Marty4Vezina

Marty4Vezina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,653 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

yes, it would be better. He is a troll, nothing more.

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+