SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Andrew Raycroft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yeshibo

Yeshibo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Pretty much my idol, the main reason I want to be a goalie myself.

#2 ShrinkingTripod

ShrinkingTripod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

yeah

hopefully he'll be gone sometime soon and bachman can get some PT
Posted Image
LOCKE THIS TOPIC

#3 Spiman12

Spiman12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Bachman is a great up and coming goalie. Plus, with his experience with Gulutzan, I'm sure he will be given plenty of ice time. But don't overlook Raycroft just yet.

After reading the article about him that was posted on the main page, I also do feel that he can be given some more ice time. He had two shutouts and one of which was his first start and it was some solid net-minding. Not only can giving him more play time only make him better, it'll help rest Kari up more often (which is like basic math, I know; just making a point lol).

I wouldn't mind, though, to see Bachman backing up Kari and they alternate every game like Buffalo did that one year. It can only help Dallas who has plenty of good goalies lined up for the next decade.
Posted Image
(Credit to VICE)

#4 ShrinkingTripod

ShrinkingTripod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

i don't have anything against raycroft, but bachman is what, 24 now?

he's had plenty of seasoning in the minors. it's time he got some major league experience.
Posted Image
LOCKE THIS TOPIC

#5 Spiman12

Spiman12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

True-true, I can't argue that. Well, if you were the GM (or even the coach), how would you handle this?

By the way, John Locke is the man and I would be just like Boone and follow him to the gates of hell (or from hell which ever way you look at it lol).
Posted Image
(Credit to VICE)

#6 Canadian_Idiot

Canadian_Idiot

Tommy Tabarnac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

you're all ignoring the fact Campbell will be NHL ready in the next 2 seasons, maybe by next season. (12-13)

Bachman ain't no Campbell.

1z5tc8w.jpg
sig by: The Leprechaun

#7 BamD_Leprechaun

BamD_Leprechaun

The awesome formerly known as Trunkins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,292 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Raycroft is not that good... some nights he steals the game, others he shits the bed

PLAYOFFS14_zps4126c650.jpg

#8 EdTheEagle20

EdTheEagle20

Wise Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,555 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Kari is over used, stretched out to the point to where i felt irrational anger towards him every time i saw him starting. Kari's actually good, and i was just venting all my frustrations through him. yes, you heard me. i apologize about everything i've ever said bad about Kari. he's actually pretty good. but yeah, last season he was way over used, and thats why we missed the play-offs. it wasn't really his fault, like i ranted over time and time again.

there, i got that off my chest.

EdTheEagle20Banner2nd_zps353545dc.jpg
^^^Trunkins/Bam_D

Karlis 37 Skrastins never forgotten

#9 Spiman12

Spiman12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Thanks EdTheEagle, I always felt we were on the same page about goalies (even though you are more verbal about it than me lol just playing). I have a lot of hope for him and all we need to do is give Raycroft a couple more, spaced out, games to rest him up. If you give Raycroft the right amount of spaced out games, I'm sure he will not "**** the bed".

Kari is a great goalie and has come back through a lot of adversity. He can only go up from here.
Posted Image
(Credit to VICE)

#10 mofan25

mofan25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

yeah

hopefully he'll be gone sometime soon and bachman can get some PT

Defintely got your wish!

#11 ronsiv

ronsiv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

I went to an AHl game and saw why Raycroft is not in the NHL. It was Texas Stars vs. Houston Aeros. He left his goal casually to retrieve a puck and then gave a short pass to Well man who returned to the front of the net and tapped it in.

#12 Defensorfidei

Defensorfidei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Relavent
Posted Image

DallasStars.com is the official Web site of Dallas Stars, L.P.  The Stars name and logos are registered trademarks of the NHL and the Stars. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Dallas Stars, L.P. and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Corporate Partnerships | Contact Us | Code Of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | Job Opportunities | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map | Find us on Google+